The talks’ session should have been followed by a round tables session and market of opportunities
The Symposium would have taken place themed “DFG2020 – Research matters”.
The iFIT Symposium “Women in Science” should have been part of the iFIT Equal Opportunities Program and was specially designed for women working in the scientific field.
This event aimed to inspire and inform our community of great female researchers by providing a unique opportunity to learn and hear about:
• The experience of remarkable women who excel in their careers;
• Strategies for women to succeed in a field where mostly men succeed;
• Strategies for women to create/improve networking;
• Early career opportunities specifically designed for women;
• Programs/guidelines to promote equal opportunities;
• Programs designed to provide balance between work and family.
Following the lectures of our six invited speakers there should have been:
– a Round Tables session where you can sit with each speaker and discuss any further questions regarding the subject
– the Market of Possibilities where you will find informative material about the programs that were approached as well as information about the ongoing DFG’s campaign “DFG2020 – Für das Wissen entscheiden”
We have been looking forward to inspirational talks by our invited speakers presenting their career path and giving information about supporting programs, pitfalls and options to combine career and family as a Woman.